Linux Systems Engineer
Dynamic Concepts is looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding AWS infrastructure. You will be part of a talented group that demonstrates superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. This position offers the opportunity to become AWS Certified in SysOPS and Architecture.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Migrate customer servers and workloads to the AWS cloud – physical to virtual (p2v)
- Install, configure, migrate, optimize, test and maintain operating systems, general application software (Apache, NGINX, Postfix, Sendmail, MySQL, ) and system management tools
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Automate server builds and daily tasks via Chef, or through the use of scripting!
- Provide engineering level support to clients
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Emergency on-call on a rotating basis (emergencies uncommon)
- Experience with Server, Application & Network Security
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, Apache, NGINX)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP); Firewall/VPN configurations
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, or Python)
Bonus Skills (desired but not required)
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- PHP (object-oriented) / MySQL programming for automation initiatives a plus
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef)
- Experience with Git or SVN code revision
- Experience with Plesk/C-panel, CMS systems (WordPress, Drupal) a plus
- Knowledge of Windows servers a plus
- Training / Mentorship to become proficient and certified with AmazonWeb Services (AWS) and cloud technology
- 36-hour work week (Friday we shut the doors at 12PM!)
- Dog friendly workplace!!!
- Full Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Spending Account, 401(k), PTO
- Casual attire, creative and fun work environment!
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
Please send you resume directly to email@example.com